Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Snow/Ice Running

yorkshireman - on 18 Dec 2012
Winter is properly here and we have deep snow all around. My usual forest running trails have been packed down to make XC ski trails so its adding an extra challenge to my training.

Normally I just suck it up, and treat the extra effort involved as a kind of cross training, but it does make it hard to get the distance in and after a while it does stop being fun. Anyone experimented with snow-specific footwear? I'm running in a pair of Brooks Cascadia 7 trail shoes which I really like, but they're not really made for that.

I did consider these, which have the benefit of being able to be changed to different shoes. A bit like snow chains for feet.

www.yaktrax.com/product/run

But I'm tempted to go for something dedicated like these. Aside from anything they would keep my feet warm and dry.

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/snowcross-cs.html

Interested to hear thoughts - besides everything else, buying some new kit will inspire me to get outside when its lashing it down with snow!
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums