Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - enough equipment?

Gibclimber - on 19 Dec 2012
Good Day to all,

First of all I'd like to introduce myself to the forums. My name is Ryan Castle, I'm from Gibraltar and I'm 16, I'm a student at the moment studying Sociology & Home Economics. I've always had an interest into climbing since a very early age ie: 10. I've done a few courses such as: Lead climbing, setting up a top-rope and an introduction to via ferratas. Although these are the only ''qualifications'' I attain at the moment, I have learnt more from other climbers locally and from Spain.

I've had my basic equipment for sport climbing but this year for Christmas I've asked for more equipment to extend my limitations further in sport climbing/abseiling and some trad climbing. I have listed the equipment I will be recieving and I could always change stuff, I just need advice before it's too late, ( too much of a certain piece of equipment, general advice etc).

x1 Simond rope/equipment bag
x1 Petzl Corax harness
x2 Simond Goliath HMS screwgate carabiners
x2 Simond ordenary carabiners
x1 Simond Toucan belay device
x1 Simond figure of 8 belay device
x6 Simond Rocky quickdraws
x2 snap gate carabiners
size 6 Kong chock
x1 Petzl pulley
x2 Beal 16mm x 120cm slings
x1 Chalk bag
x1 Simond 10.2mm x 70m rope
x1 Beal 9.5mm x 20m rope (my old one i used for sport climbing )
x1 Simond climbing shoes

Anything I should add to my cart before then, or change? once again, I'll be doing a few sport climbs however mainly, abseiling as I enjoy it the most.

replies appriciated, Ryan
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums