/ Winnats pass conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lukem6 - on 20 Dec 2012
what are the conditions Winnats pass, thinking of trying a few scrambles up there this weekend. possibly in the rain on Saturday. What are the conditions up there at the moment. Considering the rain I'm guessing there isn't much snow/ice up there at the moment.
Frank the Husky - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to lm610: Frankly speaking, you will find the pass pretty shit and quite moist, but probably OK for scrambling (if you like slippy, slightly loose limestone and grass).

Bulls Crack - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to lm610:
> what are the conditions Winnats pass, thinking of trying a few scrambles up there this weekend. possibly in the rain on Saturday. What are the conditions up there at the moment. Considering the rain I'm guessing there isn't much snow/ice up there at the moment.

You'll be ticking off 'Grim Rock' I take it?
Lukem6 - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Frank the Husky:Sounds fun. out I go then.
Lukem6 - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack: I'm thinking of getting soaked on Matterhorn ridge.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Nacho-Shep - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to lm610: I went to do Elbow ridge on Monday, was soggy then and as it was raining I decided against. It looked like fun and I could have got up it but decided I would leave it to a drier day and enjoy it a bit more, but there's certainly no ice on it - just slippery limestone if u fancy that! The BMC website recommends not ascending it at weekends cus of knocking rocks onto the road when its busy (noticed loose stuff when on it briefly), but I guess a winter weekend could be quieter than a midweek summer day!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.