/ arrochar

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jas wood - on 20 Dec 2012
Anyone know where the snow line is at present in the area ? recent conditions would be even better :O)
Stuart the postie - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to jas wood:

I would imagine it will be pish, it's not even nearly cold enough!!

Stuart
Andy Nisbet - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Stuart the postie:

Two days ago it was frozen down to sea-level at An Teallach.
David Reid - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Havent seen it from the house in a few days but reckon it will be a soggy mess with the odd cruddy patch left in places
Robert Durran - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to jas wood:
> Anyone know where the snow line is at present in the area ? recent conditions would be even better :O)

I'm (optimistically) going to Arrochar tomorrow. I'll try to remember to report back.

David Reid - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Robert Durran:

Cheers Robert, enjoy the outing and hopefully the winds die so your not being knocked about all day !!

Ps pictures please
Jamie B - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to Robert Durran:

> I'm (optimistically) going to Arrochar tomorrow.

Climbing? I did that last Saturday, equally optimistically. It didn't work. Hope your punt does!
Brian Pollock - on 20 Dec 2012
In reply to jas wood:

I was there on Tuesday. There's plenty of snow on the Cobbler, Ben Narnain and Ben Ime. There's some ice but not much snow down at the walk in but thigh deep up around the south side of the cobbler (less so on the North side) and very deep around the spearhead on Narnain. Also quite ice on the approach to both.

Hope that helps.
Robert Durran - on 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:
> (In reply to Robert Durran)
>
> Climbing? I did that last Saturday, equally optimistically. It didn't work. Hope your punt does!

Just back. It didn't. Loads and loads of soft snow starting at about 400m (but retreating upwards) making approach from East quite arduous. I imagine the steep westerly approach would have been a nightmare and possibly dangerous after the easterly storms. Freezing at crag base, all crags very wintery with rime and ice. However, all turf "pish", so we just made a sporting ascent of the Centre Peak and bailed. Fun day out though before the Christmas embargo bites. If Sunday's thaw is not too severe and a hard freeze follows.......
I might put a couple of pictures on here in a while as requested.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Scott_vzr on 21 Dec 2012
In reply to Robert Durran: Hmmm, sounds good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.