Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Being paid for other people's photos(?)

TOS on 21 Dec 2012 - 178.74.57.227 whois?
Last winter my girlfriend took some photos of me and a mate ice climbing, one of these photos was sent in to a local paper as part of a 'pictures of the week' type page.

The photo appeared as a fairly large part of the page, complete with name credit.

Fast forward to this winter, and two of the newspapers are using that same photo (one paper it was sent to, and weirdly another it wasn't), except this time it appeared with the wrong credited name. The usage is a bit different this time, it's more a touristy brochure type feature.

My girlfriend wrote to the newspaper to point out the name error, and just to politely ask if they use the photo again, to credit her with the photo.

she got no reply, oh and the person who has been mysteriously credited with the photo is a professional photographer...

The wrong credit isn't the end of the world, but I'm a tad annoyed that a) the newspaper haven't got the decency to give her email a reply and b) that someone might have made money on my girlfriend's efforts by underhand means.

One to let drop? or ?
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums