ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Airforce jets surprising you

mockerkin on 26 Dec 2012
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to you all.
This post was prompted by a woman on the radio today who explained how she was encouraged to climb to the top of one of the Langdale Pikes with her son.
Once they had got there, wearing hi-vis jackets by the way, an airforce jet came down the valley, below them. She was enthralled, to the extent that she waved at the pilot. That resulted in this, when the pilot had completed his run down the valley, he turned around, went back up the valley & he waggled his wings which she thinks was a return salute to herself. (Female wishes)
Now, you may all be wondering why this is on the Rocktalk site. so here is the reason. I was climbing in Glen Coe, on a pitch that was giving me problems when I was assaulted (that is the only word to describe it) by an RAF jet which caused me to lose my concentration & almost fall.
Has anyone ever fallen off the climb because of the jets?
... not showing 32 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums