/ Climbing in 'Spain'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pintofbestbitter on 27 Dec 2012
Apologies for the large geographical area!

Going to Spain in a van in Feb so no specific location. Both of us are pretty beginner climbers (scrambled, climbed indoors, knots, belays etc) and would be nice to go somewhere good to get some routes done.
Desirable characteristics:
Warm
Dry
Easy
Mix of sport & trad
Single pitch
Near a beach which has beginner's surfing
Quiet
Good place to park van for view in evenings

Any suggestions welcome, many many thanks
musingd - on 27 Dec 2012
In reply to pintofbestbitter: valle de abdalajis.... Topos online. Ticks some of the box's although the sea is 45 mins away. El chorro a bumpy ride down the road
pintofbestbitter on 28 Dec 2012
In reply to musingd:
Looks good, thanks. Long way south so should be warm. Not that close to surfing but have to compromise somewhere.
A friend tipped me off for Loredo, nr Santander for good surfing. I can see a whole cluster of crags near Posada for starters.
Trangia - on 28 Dec 2012
In reply to pintofbestbitter:

Costa Blanca

Sierra Espuna (near Murcia and about 45 mins from sea. Fantastic area with sport and multi pitch trad. Good campsite at El Berro with local shops. But being mountainous there could be snow in Feb. Excellent walking too))
pintofbestbitter on 28 Dec 2012
In reply to Trangia:
Look good too, thanks.

Thinking about doing a circumnavigation affair, ferry to the north, then SW coast, then Malaga, then maybe pyrenees for some winter stuff.
RockShock on 28 Dec 2012
> (In reply to musingd)
> A friend tipped me off for Loredo, nr Santander for good surfing. I can see a whole cluster of crags near Posada for starters.

People say that surfing is the best in San Sebastian/Santander and they may be right, but "warm/dry" and "Santander in February" is a bit of an impossible combo..... Like the rest of northern Spain really....

Go to El Chorro and leave the surfing for the summer months!

Cheers
RS
ads.ukclimbing.com
king_of_gibraltar - on 28 Dec 2012

You wanna head down to the Tarifa area. You have the Crag San Bartolo there which is awesome and Surf all round. Lot's of really nice areas by the beach to park you're van up and take it easy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.