Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Are plastic boots overkill for Scotland?

fire_munki on 27 Dec 2012
I'm in the market for some new winter boots, I have shocking circulation in my feet so want them to be warm (as can be).
Using the magic of twitter I got Andy Kirkpatrick's opinion that plastics are fine for Scotland (right now he is providing inspiration with Xmas present books!) but the only other person I know who has ever done winter climbing (this time my friend not a "celeb" climber) said he wouldn't use plastics compared to leather as they are too likely to leak and thus get cold anyhows.

I know Scarpa shoes like my foot shape so did see the Omegas going cheep on Rock n Run, not bothered whether they are a couple year old design really I'm sure they'll stand up to more than I can ever do!

So do they let in more water stomping over the crap boggy terrain of Scotland than a pair of leather/goretex boots
... not showing 54 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums