Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - first axe advice - need to stop agonising and but something!

Oo on 28 Dec 2012
right, the misses and I are starting to get into outdoor. being young fit recent converts to climbing. money is a bit tight too. looking at axes and want to just get something ordered tonight for delivery before the new year's trip.

I need a do everything axe (mainly due to money) to cope with starting out winer mountaineering and then getting into more serious ice. The misses seems terribly concerned about it being long enough to walk with, but in my mind I can walk just fine, and would happily sacrifice it being shorter to actually make it easier to climb with.

Looking for something fairly straight shafted to allow for plunging into snow too.

So, my thought is to go for the new DMM Flys, which are on sale at 100 each (top end of my budget). Buy us each an adze for now, and then when the going gets tougher add on a hammer each.

Thoughts?
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums