/ Will Portland be in on Sunday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
lewiz - on 29 Dec 2012
Was thinking of The Cuttings due to heavy rain today. Any thoughts?
dale1968 - on 29 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: yeah, I'd give it a shot
The Ivanator - on 29 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: Also thinking of heading for Portland East Coast, expect there will be some seepage streaks after the amount of rain in recent days, but would be surprised if there was nothing to go at.
lewiz - on 29 Dec 2012
All right nice one, cheers guys. Will give it a shot tomorrow.
Redsetter - on 29 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: no i'm afraid its booked to go else where.....
kirsten on 29 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: yay, real rock ... Hopefully :)
Phil Belcher - on 29 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: i was down last fri after some rain and alot of stuff was dripping but it will be good tomoz there will be a little bit of seepage lol cuttings will be seeping tho
Phil Belcher - on 29 Dec 2012
The Ivanator - on 30 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: Hmm, forecast has deteriorated somewhat. Going to be lucky to get a full day of climbing in. A late start might be OK if you are relatively local.
kirsten on 30 Dec 2012
In reply to The Ivanator: the met office f/cast was still pretty good this morning so we (Lewis and I) headed down from London and got a few routes in before a heavy shower around 2pm. The mistake was probably to write the day off as it actually brightened up again relatively quickly and is only just starting to go dark now. Never mind, it felt great just to get out and get on rock rather than plastic :)
deepstar - on 30 Dec 2012
In reply to lewiz: A bit off topic but I just drove down Cheddar Gorge and was surprised that considering the amount of flood damage(the road is still officially closed)and debris everywhere Coronation Street looks climbable with very few seepage streaks.
The Ivanator - on 31 Dec 2012
In reply to kirsten: Kind of feel a bit feeble for bottling out now, looked at the portland heights webcam at 7.15am and it was grey with water streaks down the lens. A bit like now!
http://webapps-wpbc.dorsetforyou.com/apps/webcams/Heights.asp
ads.ukclimbing.com
kirsten on 31 Dec 2012
In reply to The Ivanator: Cheers for the link. There was seepage in places but not too bad. The ratio of hours driving to number of climbs done was not impressive, but let's face it, if it wasn't for relentless over-optimism regarding the weather we wouldn't have got anything done since about April !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.