Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Tent or Tarp

readysalted - on 31 Dec 2012
I'm after a 1-2 man tent or tarp for 1 or 2 nighters in the UK national parks. I'm well experienced at camping, but have always made do with tents from makes like gelert, which have always sufficed, but never been ideal due to their size and weight, also their cheapy feel. I'm in the military so also well versed in sleeping under a single sheet, which has it's pros and cons too.

Anyway, I've decided it's high time I got myself something decent to sleep under.

Tarps are cheap, and I am comfortable sleeping in them, but they're not the best for adverse weather, and are kind of a three season option, unless I'm taking with me a better graded (and larger) sleeping bag, which would possibly defeat the object of a lightweight tarp.

On the other hand, I've always wanted a small one or two man tent, to slip into, as long as it's big enough for me, and my rucksack, and very easy to pitch and take down. The trouble is, the likes of the very desirable lightwave g1, or the terra nova voyager, for example, cost more than I'm willing to pay.

I have seen the Vango banshee 200, for around a hundred quid, which I'm happy with, and it packs and weighs, pretty much the same as the lightwave, so would seem a good buy, but I've had a few bits of vango kit in the past and always been under the impression it's on a similar par to kit by karrimor, and gelert?

Anyone used the banshee at all? and are there any other options open to me?
Cheers
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums