/ How about an article for older climbers ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pebbles - on 03 Jan 2013
One of the perennial topics on UKC is "I am 99 years of age, is it too late for me to start climbing/improve my climbing/kick ass climbing". There are specific issues about training for young climbers, and quite a few articles on the subject, are there also specific issues and training methods recommended for older climbers? say over 40 (picking a not quite random number as this seems to be where the 'veteran' categories start)? An article might be interesting....
pebbles - on 03 Jan 2013
Cameron94 on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to pebbles: There's one for middle aged/family people on here about winter climbing. A quick search will probably bring it up.
pebbles - on 03 Jan 2013
pebbles - on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to Cameron94: ah, but thats about time rather than physiology. its the physiology I'm really interested in,
BPT@work on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to pebbles:

This may not be quite what you are after but does contain a number of very useful tips for climbers 'of a certain age':

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=832

The article was very warmly received by the UKC massive and Dave, the author, has recently gone on to higher things:

www.cliperati.com

Bulls Crack - on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to pebbles:

I wonder what the average age of UKC members is?
MJ - on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to pebbles:

A bit of advice to anyone considering writing such an article, please do it in bold text...
ads.ukclimbing.com
pebbles - on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to BPT@work: Grr ;-P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.