/ Working in West Suffolk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mad Hatter 1988 on 03 Jan 2013
Well I'm working in Suffolk for a week next week at the hospital. And wanted to know what indoor walls there are around there.

I'm on my own, got my own gear and climb between a 5a and a 6a+ mainly top roped.

Let me know what the crack is then please peeps.
SouthernSteve on 03 Jan 2013
In reply to Mad Hatter 1988:
Try Stowmarket.
Martin Hore - on 03 Jan 2013

Yep, The Cragg at Mid-Suffolk Leisure Centre, Stowmarket, is the place to go. For a climbing wall in a sports centre it's excellent. Good bouldering if you're there on your own, but usually some friendly people around to climb with on the top rope and lead routes. There'll likely be a few of us from Ipswich Mountaineering Club around on Sunday morning.

useful on 04 Jan 2013
According to the BMC Crag Finder (http://www.thebmc.co.uk/map#walls) there are walls at Bury Sports Centre and Thurston Community College:

Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre
Beestons Way
BURY ST EDMUNDS
Suffolk
IP33 8TT
01284 753496

Thurston Community College
Norton Road
Thurston
BURY ST EDMUNDS
Suffolk
IP31 3PB
01359 230885
Martin Hore - on 05 Jan 2013
In reply to DoctorU:
> (In reply to Mad Hatter 1988)
> According to the BMC Crag Finder (http://www.thebmc.co.uk/map#walls) there are walls at Bury Sports Centre and Thurston Community College:
>
> Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre
> Beestons Way
> BURY ST EDMUNDS
> Suffolk
> IP33 8TT
> 01284 753496
>
> Thurston Community College
> Norton Road
> Thurston
> BURY ST EDMUNDS
> Suffolk
> IP31 3PB
> 01359 230885

Neither of the above are worth visiting, even if they still exist. The BMC info is well out of date I'm afraid.

ads.ukclimbing.com
frankcp87 - on 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Martin Hore:
You're right Martin, Thurston's wall was out of use 12 years ago and I think finally removed 4 years ago and I imagine Bury Sports Centres wall was taken out in the referb about 8 years ago.

How are you doing Martin, I heard you were in China not so long ago?

Frank

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.