HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ghost stories, and Mysteries on the mountains

readysalted - on 03 Jan 2013
Just been looking at IainRUK's thread, and not being familiar with Scottish mountains, I googled Ben Alder, to find out about the apparent ghost.

The wiki is pretty interesting, and explains that there is allegedly the ghost of a ghillie who hung himself there.

The wiki also mentions a french guy who was found dead, sat on a cliff on Ben Alder, with an old lead bullet in him, and all the labels cut out of his clothes. Bizarre, but interesting!

I am much more familiar with the Brecon Beacons, and another interesting mystery is the tale of Tommy Jones, to whom there is an obelisk dedicated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_y_Fan#Tommy_Jones.27_Obelisk

I find these mysterious tales of the hills very interesting, if a little unsettling, and would be very interested to hear of any more like them, so I'm starting this thread as a place to share interesting and mysteries stories like them?
... not showing 2 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums