/ Langdale area routes with points of aid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
willworkforfoodjnr - on 04 Jan 2013
I'm looking for some routes around the Langdale area which can be made easier by using one or more points of aid (french or full), for practice moving fast on bigger stuff. I'm freeing 5b/c (english tech) but I'll probably start out aiding anything 5b and above to keep the pace up.

I'll obviously also just go exploring and trying stuff out but any suggestions for cool things to go at (thinking mostly free with a roof-crack crux or similar, or even a funky hard crack pitch) would be appreciated :)

Ta guys
a lakeland climber on 04 Jan 2013
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:

The one that springs to mind is Fine Time on Raven Crag: a short crux roof with much easier climbing (5b or so) above. You might struggle with Trilogy as the technical crux getting off the ground isn't protectable without pegs. Eastern Hammer should be clean aidable as well, after all it was originally an aid route.

If you want to do everyone a service then Heartsong on Pavey needs a clean :-)

1984 on Flat Crags
Spiney Norman (can't remember the crag name now!)

Just be careful you don't end up leaving gear or trashing the route getting stuff out.

ALC
GrahamD - on 04 Jan 2013
In reply to willworkforfoodjnr:

Tongue partly in cheek, Bowfell Butress in the sleet will seem pretty much like 5c in places !
ads.ukclimbing.com
willworkforfoodjnr - on 04 Jan 2013
In reply to a lakeland climber: Awesome, I'll check them all out in the guide tonight. And don't worry, it'll all be clean and removeable :)

There is no way I'm going up BB in the snow, the slightest dusting of snow and I'll be dodging axes the whole way ;)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.