Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club 303

grubes - on 06 Jan 2013
Welcome all I will be doing this for the next month of so.

So 2013 has started with a dry day (if any of you were awake ;) ) and a dry saturday

From twitter, last weeks post and log book stalking well done to:
Ally Smith with an amazing start to the week
JimmyKay for having an amazing trip
Kev pushing his grade

This week is a good opportunity to reconsider your goals for the new year.
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (300) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=532562&v=1#x7155489
DeaconDeacon - Its Christmas so a slack week is okay, but hope you got back on it with the improving weather.
Daniel Heath - wow looks like a power week. Any gains this week? Have you tried taking weight off to try 1 armer
Ali - Excellent week for the Christmas break. Good luck with your goals this year. 3˝ weeks in New Zealand not going to stick you boots in and sneak off to castle hill one day?
AllyBee - Welcome. Nice set of goals. Also sounds like a good trip.
Grubes - Punter should of manned up and ticked flying aręte
Sankey - good luck with your shuffling goals.
NMN - Hope your feeling better
Mattrm - Good luck in the new year. I am not sure if you have a smart phone but I have found a useful app called my fitness pal for helping with the diet
Biscuit - Free bars are a killer. Hoping to hear tales of sendage from your meet up with kevster
Joughton - Any goals for the year?
Maria85 - Don't worry about writing too much ;). nice week goals sounds busy. Any long term goals to work towards?
Nomics4sale - Hope your training for march. I am a little bit psyched. I think Nik might be excited too but he keeps saying the weeks not about what he wants to do. Any aims for morocco? Anyway a goal for you this week. Climb till you fall don't say take.
Seankenny - Good amount of session for a Christmas week
AJM - Sounds like an excellent year. Think I remember you saying you were looking for partners in London. Well Fallingdown (previously derbyshireben on here) has posted on the other channel looking for wall partners. could be worth a shout.
Exile - Nice set of goals good luck with them
Oddtoast - Oooo shinies .. what cams? Well done on the 6a circuit
Mr chewy - Nice grade IV so early in the year.
Ian Bell - Good luck you pyramid
DoctorU - Welcome good luck with your goals
Kevster - Beast!!
Jimmykay - Beast!! but you now need to try some harder stuff.
Richard Popp - nice way to end the year good luck in the new year.
... not showing 107 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums