Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Improving

climber007 - on 06 Jan 2013
Hello,

I've been climbing now for over two years and started pretty much from scratch. At first I was doing a lot of top roping and really enjoyed it. I started lead climbing with somebody from work and they gave me a few pointers.

At the start of last year, I did a two session technique course at my local indoor centre and everything changed for me. Before I could get to the top of a 6a+ by doing chin ups but the contents of the course was all totally new to me. Because it was so new, and everything seemed a bit rushed in order for the instructor to cover everything that they needed to, I'm not too sure how much I got out of it.

Following on from the course, I purchased Dan Hague's 'Self Coached Climber' which has been great. I've followed the exercises and it's taken about a year to consolidate my learning.

However, my head is all a bit unclear. When I'm on the wall, I'm thinking about whether what I'm doing is correct and on difficult climbs, I still doing a few chin ups.

I am a member of a club and I know how I want to climb, but in terms of learning movement technique, where do I go from here? Should I do another technique course? Get some professional coaching?

Grateful for any advice.
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums