/ High Atlas - Independently

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mypyrex - on 09 Jan 2013
I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has trekked(with hired porter/guides etc) in Morocco(including Toubkal). I'm thinking about it for this year.

Thanks.

Note for David Best. This is NOT a preliminary "I'm going to Morocco" thread but a genuine enquiry for some basic information.
deepstar - on 09 Jan 2013
mypyrex - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com & deepstar: Many thanks for the links.
luke_rob123 - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Hi

Went to Morroco last year and flew into Marrakech. Didnt organise any accomodation or transport before hand. Arrived at Marrakech and jumped straight into a taxi and headed for Imlil (about an hours drive) stayed at a hotel in Imlil and asked the owners about Porters and donkeys ect. The owner arranged us donkeys and they were there first thing in the morning waiting. Pretty easy to be honest. Maybe a little more expensive than pre-organising but not by much i would say.
Jacob Ram - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mypyrex: Time will tell.
redsonja - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to luke_rob123: i would totally agree with this. we carried all our own stuff and didnt use porters but would have been very easy to arrange them at imlil if we wanted to

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.