/ cheddar sport guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
peaches69 - on 09 Jan 2013
i am going to cheddar gorge to try some of the sport down there in a couple of weeks and bought the new CC south west climbs volume 1 the other day on the net. it has arrived and upon flicking though it im pretty disappointed with the coverage of cheddar.

anyone know what guide covers cheddar's sport routes well or of a decent topo website??

wikitopo is just....well.....lame for cheddar.

oh...and i have never been to cheddar before
GridNorth - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to peaches69: What you want is Cheddar Gorge Climbs by Martin Crocker. It's available at the small climbing shop in Cheddar and at Dicks Climbing shop in Bristol. It was about 15.
The Pylon King on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to peaches69:

To be fair the SWC1 coverage of Cheddar is a good mix of sport and trad ( and that section of the guide was written by Martin). Many people think it is just a sport crag nowadays!

But yeah Martin's guide is the one you want if you are after the sport stuff.
In reply to GridNorth: is the shop down by the caves and gorge offices, or easy to find????
In reply to peaches69: It's on the right as you drive in and just as you hit the commercial bit of town. There is a car park just down a side road before you get to it. The offices are further up the gorge.
In reply to GridNorth: is the shop called the gorge outdoors???
In reply to peaches69: Can't remember the name but I've looked on the map and that does look about right.
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to GridNorth: rang the shop and they have it in stock (although not on website), thanks for your help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.