ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Calling all Meirionnydd/ Mid Wales Climbers - New CC Guide!

Dave Williams - on 09 Jan 2013
The present Climbers' Club Meirionnydd guide is now 11 years old and so we've started work on an update. Doug Kerr and I have taken on the project, ably assisted by a very good team of volunteers.

The Moelwynion section of Meirionnydd (2002) will be produced as a totally separate guide (co-ordinated by Terry Taylor and Paul Jenkinson) while all remaining areas of Meirionnydd will be covered, in the first instance, by a Mid Wales New Routes supplement.

Areas that will be covered in the supplement are: Rhiniogau, Arenig, Berwynion (now to include Pandy and Llanymynech), Cadair Idris, Yr Aran and, for the first time ever in any guidebook, Elenydd will also be included. Elenydd is the area between Pumlumon and the Brecon Beacons and there are literally hundreds of climbs in this region, some of which have, amazingly, escaped inclusion in any guidebook for over 60 years!

We therefore need people to give feedback on any route(s) they have done in Mid Wales and we're particularly keen to receive feedback on some of the less popular crags. We need comments on access, grades, descriptions, allocation of stars etc etc. Are access details correct? Are grades and stars correct? Which routes are affected by vegetation regrowth/ rockfall etc? What's the state of in-situ pegs etc? Any new (or old) routes missing from the UKC database/ Meirionnydd (2002) etc? Have you climbed new routes in any of the above areas? Anything at all really.

Please either contact me via this thread, or email me.

Many thanks/ Diolch yn fawr!

Dave
... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums