HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Recommend and East Highlands route?

Taurig - on 09 Jan 2013
Hi, so having looked at the various forecasts for the coming weekend, it looks like the West will be lucky if it gets even a cosmetic dusting of snow. I doubt the East will be seeing a massive dump either, but it does appear to have a better chance of wintery conditions. Also, I am a West coaster and feel I've been neglecting the more easterly Munros for their spikier counterparts closer to home, so this is as good an excuse as any to burn that petrol money.

I've had a look through a few of the Munro sites looking for a route, but haven't come across anything that looks particularly inspiring, just 25 km yomps across heathery plateaus. I've already done a bit of walking in the Cairngorm/Ben Macdui area, and the Beinn a'Ghlo three, but that's about it. Anyone care to suggest a route that involves either

a) Some features of note, a nice ridge, impressive corries, easy winter scrambling or
b) a heathery/snowy march that will at least allow me to tick off a good number of Munros with relative ease?

All suggestions appreciated.
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums