/ Accommodation Geyikbayiri

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kai Autio - on 09 Jan 2013
Any experiences of Josito or Kezban guest houses?
Planning to go for a week in March and I'm wondering if there is any place far better than others to stay. We are not having a car, so need a place near by climbing.
Clean place, good food, friendly athmosphere is what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance.
AJM - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:

JoSiTo is organised, Germanic and efficient, but can feel a bit cold if you aren't there in a group as it often appears that a lot of the others know each other (they may not do, but I suspect a common language helps make it feel so).

Kezban is probably more friendly, but also less organised. Less good showers/toilets, our friends who were staying there ate at JoSiTo for breakfast most days as well, although the food at Kezban was pretty reasonable, although I think you have to order in advance, whereas you can just walk in and get pasta/sandwiches/salads at JoSiTo

Don't forget climbers garden, and there's another campsite up near there too.
Bulls Crack - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:

They all look fine - however, we stayed at Rasayanna Organic guest house in the village - fantastic food and a little bit further to walk - we didn't have a car either but it's not far
JimmyKay - on 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:

Peak Guesthouse is by far the best accommodation. But it's not advertised very well by the guidebook. Climber's Garden had the friendliest of atmospheres out of the GH's. There are a few really knowledgeable people who work there who speak English (A yank and a NZ). Plus they also make an amazing steak. Literally amazing.

The food at Rasayana is good if you like cauliflower cheese. I preferred steak. Wasn't a fan of the food, but the accommodation was very good with a ensuite with hot shower - bonus.

Plenty of choice.
AJM - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:

Is peak the one under mevlana?

If so, be warned that in rain it gets a bit of a sewage issue - I don't know quite where it actually goes but the whole place stinks...!
JimmyKay - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to AJM:

Really? Knew it was all too good to be true. I didn't use a better a toilet that holiday! I guess it's all just decorating a big whole in the ground?
AJM - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:

Could be!

We met some others who moved down from there into a nice hotel in antalya, all inclusive, sauna, pool etc at some ridiculous rate, presumably because the hotels are otherwise dead then. That's what I'd probably do next time
Bulls Crack - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:
> (In reply to Kai Autio)
>

>
> The food at Rasayana is good if you like cauliflower cheese. I preferred steak. Wasn't a fan of the food, but the accommodation was very good with a ensuite with hot shower - bonus.
>

Really? The cooking whilst we were there was just about the best vegetarian food I've ever had: various stuffed vegetables, manti, aromatic rice, stews, salads, soups

Food at Peak cam good too.

Bulls Crack - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Oh a need to put in a good word for the unpromising looking fish restaurant Alabalik

only 3 dishes but all good - fresh fish, koftes and chicken and nice people...just don't look at the surroundings!
Mattlamb90 - on 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Bulls Crack: Alabalik is the place for a good meal, the fish couldnt be any fresher!!!!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Kai Autio - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Kai Autio:
Thanks for all giving valuable information.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.