/ Warning - Theft at Les Menuires, 3 Vallees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
FrancescaFord - on 13 Jan 2013
Not sure how common this is, but in the apartment block we stayed in this week (La Croisette), the ski lockers in the basement were broken into overnight and contents clearly stolen. We left some kit (skis and a board) outside the main building door and it was taken. Sad start to what was otherwise a fabulous week...

Any other experiences of this?
boots - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to FrancescaFord: if your leaving your skis at a cafe split them with your partners so there not a pair and put them in different places its getting quite common to get skis pinched from cafes... and poles.....
FrancescaFord - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to boots:

Fair play, of course part of the fault was ours. Good idea about splitting them. I've seen a few people now using the little mini bike locks, but talk about losing the spirit of a place!!
prog99 on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to FrancescaFord:
Sounds similar to this in La Plagne -
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2183523
Frank4short - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to FrancescaFord: Theft in ski resorts, large french at least, is unfortunately common enough. Best suggestion is as previously mentioned to split your skis when leaving them anywhere that isn't secure. If lockers have been broken into in your accommodation that's an other level all together and I'd take it up with your tour operator, looking for recompense, as these should be secure.
ads.ukclimbing.com
andy - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to FrancescaFord: i've got a little Knog cable bike lock - it's one of those things that you only have make them a bit harder to nick than the next ones along and they'll likely leave them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.