ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - If you could have only three.....

Goucho on 16 Jan 2013
...routes left in your memory - all the others erased - which three would you choose?

They don't have to necessarily be the best routes you've done, but the ones which mean the most to you for whatever reason.

It's a hard one, but for me, I'd have to choose:-

Great Wall, Cloggy - a perfect 'atmospheric' (in other words overcast and cloudy) mid-week Cloggy day, when there was only one other rope on the cliff, a route I'd always wanted to lead, climbed well and in one pitch, and with a dear friend.

Nerve Wrack Point, Tuolumne - simply a perfect day, on a perfect route, on perfect rock, in a perfect setting, with the perfect partner.

Walker Spur - My first big alpine North Face, climbed with that wonderful mixture of apprehension and excitement, and including the most perfect bivi I've ever experienced, and climbed with two of the best partners I could ever wish for - felt like I'd finally earned the right to wear Galibier Super Pro's :-)

... not showing 41 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums