/ winter coirre, glen clova. in this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
franksnb - on 18 Jan 2013
do you think winter coirre or coire fee will be in this weekend? how much freeze thaw has been going on up there? more thaw than freeze i would have thought. given the wind direction i think winter coirre could be a good option. Henning if you are there, any thought?
Michael Gordon - on 18 Jan 2013
In reply to franksnb:
> more thaw than freeze i would have thought.

More freeze than thaw I'd have thought!
franksnb - on 18 Jan 2013
In reply to franksnb: i mean a few freeze thaws are normally required to form good ice in that glen. recently I don't know if the thaws have been to severe. obviously there is a freeze atm.
hwackerhage - on 19 Jan 2013
Hi Frank, it has snowed a lot yesterday and will snow today but the wind is easterly so a lot of snow will be on the western sides which are prone to avalanche. Also in Aberdeen it was 4 degrees yesterday at one stage in the evening so maybe a brief micro thaw at 400 m but overall there was little thaw-freeze, thus:
- There will be little ice due to thaw/freeze but there might be some in places where there is running water as it was cold all week. Impossible to predict diagonal gully and you have to have a very careful look to ensure it is not avalanchy.
- Buttress routes might be OK.
Good luck!
CMcBain - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to franksnb:

Anyone been up winter corrie or coire fee recently, wondering if its worth a jaunt up this weekend
DundeeDave - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to franksnb: was up there last Sunday and it was good. Imagine there will still be enough ice and snow up there to go at this weekend.
DundeeDave - on 31 Jan 2013
In reply to DundeeDave: m.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10151448901505482.535150.627015481&type=1&comment_id=28054377&ref=m_notif&notif_t=photo_album_comment&actorid=519661511&__user=627015481
MG - on 02 Feb 2013
In reply to franksnb: Does anyone have any updates?
Brian - on 03 Feb 2013
In reply to MG: we did buttress route which was in good nick
franksnb - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to franksnb: had a walk into coire fee on sunday 3rd, look c gully was in poor repair.
Brian - on 04 Feb 2013
franksnb - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to Brian: well it doesn't look good either now does it ;)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.