/ Brean Down

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
cha1n on 20 Jan 2013
Long shot, but don't suppose anyone has been there post-snow? Chances of being dry slim?

Cheers
guy xavier percival - on 20 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n: I went there on Saturday afternoon. It was a bit
damp in places but not too bad. The left side of boulder cove ie up to Tide Rising was dry.
cha1n on 20 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Thanks for the update Guy. Unfortunately I can't convince anyone to go there for the climbs up to Tide Rising tomorrow. Will have to be another board session..
cha1n on 22 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Don't suppose anyone has been there lately? Cheers.
cha1n on 22 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Or any ideas on split rock quarry? Heard it was a decent winter venue.
The Pylon King on 22 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Split rock may be dry but it will be the wind tunnel of hell at the moment.
Ciro - on 24 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

Thinking to head over this weekend, did you make it down at all (or anyone else)?
cha1n on 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Ciro:

Nah, went to TCA. It was wet on Wednesday (sleet I think) and not a great forcast for the next few weeks...
Ciro - on 24 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n:

OK, cheers. South coast is looking a bit better at the minute, will need to be a a last minute decision by the looks of things.
Gibbo - on 24 Jan 2013
Still makes me laugh seen the little icon of a plane next to "Brean Down" as the topic.....Costa del Brean.
tommycoopersghost on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibbo:

Costa del Brean hasn't got a patch on the sunny resort of Severn Beach. There's even a t shirt celebrating it complete with holiday airliner.

Although it has gone off a tad since they drove the second severn crossing through the resort.

Last time i climbed brean down it was worrying top outs on loose sandy grass slopes with a dig your heels in belay. Has it improved say by putting stakes in?
Phil Belcher - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to cha1n: what about cheddar is it dry there ie remnant lion rock just wondering if any one has been there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.