/ Esoteric Delights/Blue Moon Adventures - Suggestions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gordon - on 23 Jan 2013
With the snow and freezing level having been near sea level for over a week now, can anyone suggest some hidden gems or unlikely routes for Friday/Saturday? I'm thinking low lying stuff, things out the way of the usual spots, short routes in interesting locations, routes that need a good long cold snap to come in, that kind of thing.
Given the suggested forecast for the next few days, staying low is looking like a good idea!!!
Suggestions so far include Pass of Brander area, Dragons Tooth at Ballachulish, Eilde Canyon.

No more than an hour or so drive from Oban area preferred!!

Cheers,
Gordon.
Gordon - on 23 Jan 2013
In reply to Gordon:

Bumpety Bump! Come on people, inspire me with tales of icy grottos you found by accident, unusual lines with dangerous animals to beware of, short and sweet gullies near the roads, forgotten quarries that are full of frozen slime routes...things like that!!
Fergal - on 23 Jan 2013
In reply to Gordon:

But the ice is gash at the mo innit, needs freeze thaw high and colder temps low down.

Always fancied the mythical Ballachullish bagpipe by the A82, mini ice age required though.
ads.ukclimbing.com
jonnie3430 - on 23 Jan 2013
In reply to Gordon:

You mean like this: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/486032_10152468404495445_1811495892_n.jpg ? This was alongside the A82 above Loch Lomond and I soloed them all in an afternoon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.