/ gollums cave, avon gorge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tommycoopersghost on 29 Jan 2013
Getting a bit of cabin fever.

Does anybody know if gollums stays boulderable in the rain? Or anywhere else local that might be worth a punt for a look see for a boulder or shunt session now that the wet is back?

Cheers ta
In reply to moraldecay:

Had a gander at gollums.

As enough people seem interested in gollums, but nobody has an opinion, or can offer advice on state of the place I'll give you a heads up.

Really, it needs a good while to stop weeping. About a year of drought should do it. Or after a short dry spell should be usable. Rain should tail off later this week. After a couple of days, I'll give it another go, eighties Thors cave style, with a blow torch.

Ps the approach is a real mire. Nearly killed mesen.

Hope that saves you a wet trip.
Bobling - on 29 Jan 2013
In reply to moraldecay:

If you had email turned on I'd say YHM, mail you don't so I won't. Mail me for a *secret location*.
afrosam - on 29 Jan 2013
In reply to Bobling: Secret dry location near Bristol???
Please do tell, getting really bored of pulling on Plastic
In reply to Bobling:

cheers bud.

No that's a dead email link.

Will email you when get home. Dog and i currently on beer break on long soggy walk home

much appreciated
In reply to moraldecay:

man alive!

Even local railway bridge is weeping like a badly dressed bed ulcer in a privatised nursing home!
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to moraldecay:

does anyone in bristol with a car fancy a trip to rainy day buttress at huntsham this week. Its a goer in any weather. I have successfully aid climbed through the roof, rounding the lip is hardest, and apparently it is now free!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.