Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - wht are women generally weaker than men on steeper ground

pork pie girl - on 30 Jan 2013
i'm no expert and haven't spent alot of time watching and comparing men and womans strength but do you think it's an accurate obswervation that men are stronger on steep routes in comparison ot women?

why is this the case?

sporty women are generally lighter then blokes... we should be able to handle our own body weight better tha we do on climbs...

i can knock out lots of wide grip pull ups... often alot more than the blokes in the gym.. but get me on a steep climb and i really should be stronger.. i do ok but not good enough as far as i'm concerned.

have most strong women climbers had to invest more time into getting stronger on steep problems/routes in comparison to strong male climbers?

what muscles are involved in climbing steeper routes... is it all aboiut back and biceps .. as well as finger strength...

why do women have less power? do women have less fast twitch muscle fibres in comparison to men? or is that irrelevant?

... not showing 80 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums