Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - What to do with my Vegas?

Lightweight - on 03 Feb 2013

I have a pair of dark blue/purple Scarpa Vegas bought about 18 years ago. I bought some Sportiva Nepal Extremes about five years' later, and so haven't worn the Vegas much - probably about 10-15 winter days.

But what to do with them, I ask as I get ready to move home, and declutter. You can't use them as ski-touring boots. I'm not likely to do multi-day winter expeditions (where being able to put the inner boots in my sleeping ba would be helpful), they're not as comfy as my Sportivas (not remotely, and much heavier).

Like an old laptop that's gone out of date, I think these boots have nowhere to go. Unless you're a ski-lift attendant, work in cold environments, or want to climb in very cold environments (but not so cold you'd need the high-altitude version, and even then there are surely lighter equivalents).

Should I throw them/sell them?
... not showing 21 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums