Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Next steps

n.LiVE - on 04 Feb 2013
Hi there,
Im not particularly sure which section to put this in as i guess it relates to a few, and that I hope this dosent get asked daily as I have been looking about to find similar topics, but anyway.

Ive been brought up in the hills and have been walking/climbing munros in summer and winter since I was about 10 (27 now) and have always loved it (thanks to my dad). I also live in the highlands so I have easy access and no excuses.

Over the past while ive had a huge interest in winter graded climbing, and I want to persue this into high grade climbing in the future as I have alot of ambitions. At the moment however I can only do grade I / II gullies really as I dont know the first thing about ropework etc and that none of my mates are into the mountains like I am, they just go to the pub, so I am at a complete loss as to where to start, or even how to find climbing partners.

I am keen, fit and an experienced hillwalker just looking for a window to start my new climbing hobby, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start, perhaps paying for some professional tuition or trying to join a club etc?

I would be very greatful for any responses,
Thanks!
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums