/ 5x4 Film stockists?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dek - on 05 Feb 2013
It's getting difficult to find big film easily nowadays, any LF users got a decent source of mainly tranny film, reasonably priced, as my stock is dangerously low?
majortom - on 05 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

Try silverprint.co.uk - not sure if they're that reasonably priced but they must be one of the few remaining suppliers
Adam Long - on 05 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

In short, no. Velvia 50 is now unavailable and Velvia 100 is pushing 4 a sheet!

The Fuji shop and discountfilmsdirect.co.uk occasionally have deals on short-dated stock, but ebay is your best bet. A few months back a mate and I clubbed together, spent a while scouring ebay, and bought ~700 sheets for ~2 or less a sheet. By the time my freezer stocks run out I suspect processing may have the same issues.
dek - on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:
Thanks chaps,its expensive! I might have to try out some colour neg for a change.
Armadillo on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

Ag Photographic are doing Provia 100F at just under 72 for 20 sheets. Just be glad you don't shoot 8x10 - getting on for 300 for 20.

I think I'll stick to black and white...
dek - on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Armadillo:
I would love to give it a go, seen plenty of photogs in the States shooting 10x8 and bigger......usually dentists, and lawyers though!;-)
simon c on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

10x8 is quite addictive, especially when you see the results, but man so expensive. I am about to start another 5x4 colour project but I think its going to be beans on toast for a few weeks, at least I can print them to cut down costs.
dek - on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to simon c:
I would need the patience of a 'Saint' to use 10x8..5x4 is slow enough. ;-)
simon c on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek: :-) Ag is a good place to deal with btw, very helpful and deliver promptly.
Tall Clare - on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to simon c:
> (In reply to dek) :-) Ag is a good place to deal with btw, very helpful and deliver promptly.

I'd agree normally, but I was interested to hear the Sheffield Hallam students saying yesterday that delivery times on paper are getting more erratic, which is proving rather stressful for them.
simon c on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Tall Clare: ah, handy to know. not nice when you've got deadlines.
Tall Clare - on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to simon c:

In fairness I'm not sure it's necessarily AG's fault - more just them having to pass on issues that they're having with their suppliers...
Glenn Haworth - on 09 Feb 2013
In reply to dek: If you're after RVP50 then there are a couple of people selling second hand stock on UKLFPG, have a look at:

http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3672
http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3694
dek - on 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Glenn Haworth:
Thanks for that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.