/ TCA Glasgow - is there a safe place to lock up a bike?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Humphrey Jungle - on 06 Feb 2013
TCA Glasgow - is there a safe place to lock up a bike?

Ta
edinburgh_man on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Humphrey Jungle:

Yes - there is a bike lock up / area outside next to TCA / The Golf Centre.
In reply to 7bforever:

Thanks - is it within view of reception (fairly safe for a fairly good bike)? Know it's a fairly quiet area.
Pids - on 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Humphrey Jungle:
> (In reply to 7bforever)
>
> Thanks - is it within view of reception (fairly safe for a fairly good bike)? Know it's a fairly quiet area.

No, car parking and bike lock up not in view of reception but they do have CCTV
In reply to Pids:

Ok thanks - heading over on my way home from work tonight. Looks like a great venue.
Dave Garnett - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to 7bforever:

I'm coming up to sunny Glasgow this week on business (by train) and I'm thinking of trying to get to TCA for a couple hours tomorrow night. If I were to set off walking back to the city centre afterwards, what are the chances I'd get back to Argyll Street alive?
Fraser on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Around 50-50. But Argyll Street is where the trouble begins. ;) Seriously though, you could get the underground from Kinning Park to St Enoch - it's only 5 mins.

I might be in there tomorrow evening - happy to drop you off back at Argyll St. if I am (and you're not planning to stay till the bitter end.)
zebidee - on 18 Feb 2013

Get the subway to Shields Road & it's about 15 minutes to get there from the city centre.

Google maps is your friend.
Nath93 - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Fraser: +1

Its not worth your life walking..
Dave Garnett - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Fraser:

Thanks everyone. Good idea, I'll check out the underground. I need to get to the station end of Argyll St (the Radisson).

Is the bouldering any good, btw?
Fraser on 18 Feb 2013

From their blog: ďItís the best climbing wall Iíve ever been to, worldwide. If you havenít been yet, sort it out!Ē

Dave MacLeod

Nuff said.
Roberttaylor - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to zebidee: Get the subway to Kinning Park and walk for 2 minutes.
Flinticus - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Humphrey Jungle: Walking would not be a problem. The area is not dodgy: its industrial estate next to major route into city centre via the 'squinty' bridge, but as the underground is so close, you may as well take that.

Personally I'd feel safer walking rather than trapped in a narrow carriage with a load of neds.
webbie88 - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Humphrey Jungle:There is a bike lock up beside the golf store next door

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.