/ Any point taking waterproofs to Cogne?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CurlyStevo - on 09 Feb 2013
Ok the weather is looking cold for the trip and we plan on climbing icefalls, is there any point in taking waterproofs to cogne? I already have descent soft shell clothing.

Cheers,
Steve
In reply to CurlyStevo:
bump I'm packing now and a bit low on space / weight!
graham F - on 09 Feb 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: Yes! Even when it's cold some routes pour water. Patri right-hand being a good example.
Do you have an ascent soft shell?
AdrianC - on 09 Feb 2013
In reply to graham F: Ha ha! I was about to reply and say don't bother!! But Graham's right - you can get surprising amounts of water down some of those routes.
In reply to graham F:
Cool I did wonder, my soft shells are the simmond trousers, rab exodus jacket (both thick stretch material but shed water pretty well) and a lowe alpine belay jackt (pertex style outer)
neil the weak - on 10 Feb 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: I think you'll probably be OK as you are then. There are some wet routes, but they are more the exception than the rule and even if you get a bit dripped on you'll be straight back to dry as soon as you're out of them. I used an Exodus there last year on a wide variety of routes (including one pitch which was almost a light shower for the left arm) and it worked perfectly. I did have a shell jacket with me, but it never left the apartment in the end.
CurlyStevo - on 19 Feb 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:
For future reference I didn't use the waterproofs, yes there was dripping water on some routes, but the amount I got wet compared with the amount of sweat retention in waterproofs made it no contest.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.