/ Accomodation in Languedoc-Roussillon region

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gw - on 11 Feb 2013
Flying to Nice in Early April to do some climbing with a mate. Any suggestions for accomodation or the best place to base yourself whilist out there.

Thanks,

Graham
Enty - on 11 Feb 2013
In reply to gw:

How far from Nice are you prepared to travel?

E
altirando - on 12 Feb 2013
In reply to gw: The Languedoc is a very long way from Nice - where are you actually thinking of climbing?
gw - on 12 Feb 2013
In reply to altirando: I was thinking about the Avignon area, I'm told it's about 2 hours drive from Nice. Have you any suggestions in that area, or nearer Nice?

Thanks,

Graham
Enty - on 12 Feb 2013
In reply to gw:

Crags closest to Avignon are old school and a bit crap - Cavaillon, Orgon, Mouriers. (Buoux not included in the crap crags ;-)

Head north east from Avignon to Buis les Baronnies for St Julien, St Leger, Malaucene and the Dentelles - there's also a new Drome guidebook with a few new crags in there - Rocher des Aures and St Ferreol. Total drive from Nices to Buis is about 3h30m

Other than that stick around the crags near Nice - La Turbie and Peillon.

E

gw - on 12 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty: Sounds good, any suggestions where we could stay?

Thanks,

G
Enty - on 12 Feb 2013
In reply to gw:

For La Turbie, Cap d'Ail and Peillon the hostel Villa Thalassa is supposed to be good although I've never been.

We have a small gite which sleeps 2/3 less than 20/30 minutes from all the crags in the Buis area but it's only available from the 13th of April.

Have a look on Climbapedia: http://www.climbapedia.com/en/plan/

E
gw - on 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Enty: Thank you. Unfortunately we are going from the 6th-13th April. The website looks interesting.

Graham
tjekel - on 17 Feb 2013
In reply to gw: there's also good and cheap gites in gorbio - one nice climbing area in walking distance la turbie & peillon some 15-20' by car ...
ads.ukclimbing.com
gw - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to tjekel: Thanks, didn't even consider before heading there. I assumed we would have to head west for the best climbing. Looks to be some good stuff round there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.