Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Putha Hiunchuli or Baruntse?

Stani49 - on 14 Feb 2013
Hi guys,

Having a bit of a dilemma. Interested in climbing Mera Peak and Baruntse with Adventure Peaks in a combined expedition. I'm planning to go to Everest in 2014 so want to do them as preparation, then supplement them with Scottish Winter experience next Winter. Haven't done any Scottish Winter climbing so far, but climbed Mont Blanc last Summer and I'm a HVS 5a rock climber with lots of Summer hillwalking experience.

Jagged Globe offer an expedition to Putha Hiunchuli to replace Baruntse in their program. The issue is that they don't include Mera Peak like AP, although the expedition is a little cheaper. They run this trip due to Baruntse apparantely becoming unstable and unsafe with a poor success rate, which I've been told by a number of people now.

I can't find much info on Putha Hiunchuli but believe it's a bit easier than Baruntse yet a little higher. Considering it as an option.
Any thoughts?
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums