Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - wrist gps or new phone - any advice?

control freak on 14 Feb 2013
Does anyone have advice about whether to get a phone with a GPS or to just buy a cheap-end running specific wrist GPS? All I want is:

- Basic GPS so I can track my running and as a back up to map and compass when Iím in the hills on my own
- a phone that makes calls and texts, anything additional is a luxury that Iím not interested in (my current phone was 30 quid and on a £10 pcm contractÖ)

I always carry a phone for any non-local runs and I have a cheap but perfectly adequate HRM so I thought it would be cheaper to kill two birds with one stone and get a new phone contract but am confused at all the options and whether it would not just be easier/cheaper to buy a new HRM/GPS/watch. I just donít need more STUFF in general and certainly not in addition to the phone, Ipod, HRM and various medical items that I currently carry when running. And I don't want to spend loads of money...

Any advice re the merits of either option welcomed, thanks
... not showing 21 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums