ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Your 10 best climbing experiences

TRip - on 14 Feb 2013
Jon's post on the slightly ridiculous (I mean unless you're Fred Beckey have you done them all?!) The World's Ten Best Climbs thread prompted me to start this thread.

What are your ten best climbing experiences?

Here are mine, in no particular order:

1) Cassin Ridge - Denali

We stripped everything down to the minimum and climbed this over two days. The experience was awesome and I was utterly wasted at the top.

2) Orion Direct - Ben Nevis

The highlight of a brilliant week climbing on the Ben in perfect weather. We were so psyched when we got to the top that we nipped up Tower Ridge in the afternoon.

3) Jelly Roll - Cloggy

The climbing is superb and the top pitch climbs through some outstanding territory, straight above the Indian Face.

4) Lion's Face - Tafroute, Morocco

I had a great adventure climbing this with my Girl Friend a couple of years a go.

5) Dream of White Horses - Gogarth

I've done this a few times and it never disappoints. The last pitch is easy, but it looks outrageous.

6) Central Pillar of Freney - Mont Blanc

This was the last route I did at the end of one of the most enjoyable two weeks of climbing I've ever had. During that period, I also climbed the Cassin on the Piz Badile, Dru North Face, Frendo Spur and Gervasutti Pillar.

7) Cenotaph Corner - Dinas Cromlech

I climbed this when it was right at the top of my grade. I had to really go for it at the top and was convinced I was going to fall off right until I was stood on top of the crag.

8) Kipling Groove - Gimmer

I first did this after school with my Dad, many moons ago. I remember feeling like a super hero leading the overlap. I've lead the top pitch since and it is not pushover.

9) Hornli Ridge - Matterhorn

People slate this route a bit, but it is the line up the most iconic mountain in the world. I thought it was a superb day out.

10) Cascade - The Pass

The last route I ever did as a teenager. It's bonkers that ice like this forms in Wales.

... not showing 52 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums