/ cascade de la daille nr tignes/val d'isere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kermit_uk - on 16 Feb 2013
Hi,

just wondering if anyone has any info on this place. I've read it's floodlight with some chains. Does anyone know of any guides or topos knocking about? Any info would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

rogersavery - on 16 Feb 2013
In reply to kermit_uk:

Me and my brother did it around 20 years ago

We setup a top rope above it (plenty of trees) - I don't recall any floodlights though
In reply to rogersavery:

ok cheers. I read that whole thing is about 200 metres but there are chain above first pitch. Sure i remember reading it is now floodlight but that might be quite recent.

Cheers
In reply to rogersavery:

one other question. How easy was it to get up to set up the top rope? Can you just walk round to the trees etc?

Cheers again
spoony84 - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to kermit_uk:
you can pull off the road on the right hand side travelling towards val and walk round to ice falls, keep an eye on overnight snow fall etc as i think it is threatened by avalanche from above. You'd need to climb up to set a top rope up, chained anchors and yes there were flood lights but not for the benefit of climbers. I think if climbed in its entirety there are approx 4 pitches?? Has been a while since i was last there so things may of changed.
Tom the tall on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to spoony84: my first ever ice climbing spot! We had a half day with a guide, who solo,d up to the chains to set up 3 top ropes. Sorry can't remember if you could access the chains walking round,would have thought not.
james sut - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to kermit_uk:
climbed on this a few years ago, they have altered parking so best approch is from Val and park on LHS just before first tunnel. Is floodlight more often that not. Has some chains but they can be iced over. After 4 to 5 pitches you get to top and descend over some dodgy terrain, best to ab out if you have found chains or could use ablokovs. Probably goes at about WI3 or WI4
kermit_uk - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to kermit_uk:

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully i'll get some climbing done next week then.

Cheers
ads.ukclimbing.com
Slarti B on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to kermit_uk:
Going to Tignes next week. Has anyone tried climbed this recently, will it still be in condition?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.