/ Santorini topos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tspoon1981 on 17 Feb 2013
I'm heading to Santorini for a wedding later this year and was hoping some one may have some info on possible climbing on Santorini itself, or a guide for sale or anything better than the dearth of info google has.
jimtitt - on 17 Feb 2013
In reply to tspoon1981:
The dearth of information reflects the dearth of climbing. Santorini is a pile of crumbling ash.
In reply to jimtitt: Cheers, looks like I'll have to persuade the wife get the ferry to Kalymnos.
andyb211 - on 17 Feb 2013
In reply to jimtitt:
> (In reply to tspoon1981)
> The dearth of information reflects the dearth of climbing. Santorini is a pile of crumbling ash.

Yeah but its a pretty pile of crumbling ash though Jim and canny romantic for getting wed if you're that way inclined ;)
jimtitt - on 17 Feb 2013
In reply to tspoon1981:
Certainly an attractive place in itīs way and walking anywhere keeps you fit! The quickest place to go climbing is around Athens and on Crete, to get a ferry to Kalymnos is going to be challenging for a short trip.
Aris - on 17 Feb 2013
Kalispera Jim! we miss you here in Greece.
tspoon1981: Actually we open recently more than 100 sport routes in Santorini. Please email me to send you a topo.

Cheers,

Aris
In reply to everyone: Thanks for the info. Aris, Message sent re: topos. Jim, Crete may be a good post wedding call, apparently I'm not allowed to have a post wedding climbing holiday, but I am allowed a post wedding holiday with some climbing, hence trying to stay on Santorini itself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.