/ Morroco - gas canisters?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ratrun - on 18 Feb 2013
Hi
Does anybody know please if you can get the Primus, or similar, type gas canisters (they have screw on-top) in Marrakech or Imlil?

Dave
redsonja - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: i didnt see any- thats not to say you cant get them but im not sure where
floss_81 on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: I didnt see any either when i was there.
bradzy_c - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: Ditto the above.
Mountain Llama - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: Saw folks using a jet boil in the CAF hut last week but only saw the bluster has canisters for sale in the hut.

Drop des Clark a line at http://www.nomadicmorocco.com/ he works in country as a guide.

Have a good trip, not much snow at present for skiing but ice is good.

HTH Davey
Mountain Llama - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Mountain Llama: bluster has equals blue gas!
ratrun - on 18 Feb 2013
Hi, thanks for the link to Des's website in Morocco, very useful. He does not think you can get them, but he is looking into it further. By 'blusters', do you mean Camping Gsz blue canisters, the ones where the top is punctured? Also is the CAF hut one of the two refuges on the way up to Jbel Toubkal?

regards - Dave
Tony & Sarah - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: They have not been available on our vists over the last 5 years. We were told that they were not inported

Tony
ratrun - on 19 Feb 2013
ratrun - on 19 Feb 2013
Update - just emailed the Atlas Treking shop and they are only stocking these at the moment http://www.campingaz.com/uk/c-616-valve-cartridges.aspx
so going to buy the adaptor from Needlesports
Mountain Llama - on 20 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun: Hi Dave yes I meant the blue puncture style canisters. Yes the CAF HUT is the higher hut below toubkal. Also spoke to Richard who was on our recent trip and has spent 2 years living in Morocco he only saw the blue canisters.

The canister converter is a good idea.

Have a good trip, Davey
ads.ukclimbing.com
connor on 20 Feb 2013
In reply to ratrun:
Hi
i have just came back from Morocco and i am pretty sure that the moloufon hut sells screw top canisters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.