/ Romer for slope gradients

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mudmonkey5 - on 18 Feb 2013
Hi all,

Looking for a romer with different scales that I can lay against the map contours to assess slope gradients for ski-touring. Anyone know where I can find one?
Robbo1 - on 18 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5: Suggest you have a look at the links on this post: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=534422
inboard - on 19 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5:
I've seen transparent plastic cards, exactly as you suggest, available in Switerland/Austria/Bavaria, but not here. Mammut used (and may still do) a free one roughly credit card sized which was great until I broke it! I think also SwissTopo sell one on their website (which dispatches to the uk)

However as the previous poster suggests, that thread is an equally useful resource.
oliverk - on 19 Feb 2013
Mark Bull - on 19 Feb 2013
inboard - on 19 Feb 2013
In reply to oliverk:
That's a different thing - you'd use that to measure the angle of a slope, not measure the distance between contours on a map to calculate what the slope angle will be...

Chateauneuf du Boeuf - on 19 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5: Can't you just use a ruler. For instance on a 1 to 25k map if in one centimeter it goes down 250m then its 45 degrees etc. Its simple enough.
mudmonkey5 - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Mark Bull: Thanks Mark, that's exactly it - just picked it up off the mat! Thanks to the others as well for replies.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Mark Bull - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to mudmonkey5:

You're welcome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.