/ Marginal conditions picture du jour

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chris Harris - on 21 Feb 2013
Simon Caldwell - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Chris Harris:
When I saw the thread title I was expecting a link to this
http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=214036

Yours wins!
Roberttaylor - on 21 Feb 2013
Michael Gordon - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Toreador:

Yeah it can be hard to tell looking at photos. On the Torridonian sandstone the rock is less likely to be hoared up than on the Ben for example but theres clearly snow on all the ledges. It would look very different looking down!
Dave Kerr - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Toreador:

Cobalt Buttress is a rubbish route anyway.
Michigan - on 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Dave Kerr:

Well, what about this from Macleod? - http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=213592

Makes the others look wintery.
michael83 - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Michael Gordon:
You are entirely correct! It was completely white looking back down when I climbed it in that photo, Snow ice on anything that faced the sky.

In reply to Toreador:
As per Michael's comments you are incorrect in your assumption about the condition of a route which you have not climbed and in an area you have not visited before. I have walked away from many routes before for not being in condition when others have quested on. Reserve your judgement next time please.
Simon Caldwell - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to michael83:
> As per Michael's comments you are incorrect in your assumption about the condition of a route which you have not climbed and in an area you have not visited before

I made no assumptions about anything, I just expected that this week's "in/not in" pointless rantathon would refer to your photo. Sorry for any offence caused.

I've visited the Applecross area many times by the way, including 4 climbing trips, not that it's relevant to anything :-)
Jamie B - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Dave Kerr:

> Cobalt Buttress is a rubbish route anyway.

Really? Had my eye on it - what's wrong with it?

Dave Kerr - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
> (In reply to Dave Kerr)
>
> [...]
>
> Really? Had my eye on it - what's wrong with it?

Perhaps we went the wrong way but the hard moves were all off one ledge onto another one with easy ground inbetween rather than any sort of continuous climbing.

It's probably worthwhile but not worth 3 stars IMO.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.