/ Aladins Direct - height.?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gordon - on 24 Feb 2013
Quick question folks. Would a 30m rope do for leading the main pitch of Aladins Mirror direct.?
kipman725 - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon:

Yes and there is a very good anchor on the left hand side after the ice fall as lots of people just climb the ice and then AB off. Although with your 30m rope you will probably have to continue to the top.
CurlyStevo - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to kipman725:
you can just solo the easy gully up after AMD and bit then desend alladins mirror. The belay is on the right after the crux pitch on AMD, if you are facing the crag, I thought it was getting a bit dodgey myself (that was 2 years ago)
Gordon - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon:
Cheers folks, forgot guidebook so was just wondering if two 60m ropes really need carried in or double one up!
conorcussell - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to Gordon: I'd take two 60's to give you the option of doing other routes in the likely event that alladins direct is busy. Its hardly the most arduous walk in to lug an extra few kg along.
Ron Walker - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to kipman725:
> (In reply to Gordon)
>
> Yes and there is a very good anchor on the left hand side after the ice fall as lots of people just climb the ice and then AB off. Although with your 30m rope you will probably have to continue to the top.

The anchor is on the climbers RHS not LHS. The tat is very badly linked on the newish mallion. Currently it needs replaced and backed up if belaying on or abbing off. You can easily ab off to the lower rock belay on a 25 metre rope.
Cheers Ron

Ron Walker - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:
> (In reply to kipman725)
> you can just solo the easy gully up after AMD and bit then desend alladins mirror. The belay is on the right after the crux pitch on AMD, if you are facing the crag, I thought it was getting a bit dodgey myself (that was 2 years ago)

It was very dodgy last week with the lower off mallion being held in place by one strand of worn 5/6 mm cord tied round the old ropes!!
See https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=336292399804647&set=a.322305827869971.56202.124310161002...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.