/ Ben Nevis - 22/2 Climbing on Gargoyle Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chrtur - on 24 Feb 2013
It's a long shot but we were climbing on Gargoyle Wall late in the afternoon this friday on Ben Nevis and we noted that there were people taking some photos of us. We would of course be super happy if we could get in contact with those persons, maybe there is a chance that somebody will read this post, as we will be writing some climbing reports. Feel free to contact us on gadanguides_at_gmail.com

We have some photos of people climbing on the Thompson's route, South Gully and descending the Number three gully that day if those people read this post?

Otherwise, we had a stunning week of a cold and settled spell of weather in Scotland and excellent climbing, always a pleasure coming back!!! We visited places like Aonach Mor, Creag Meagaidh, Stob Coire Nan Lochan, Bidean Nam Bian East, Bidean Nam Bian West and of course the classical Ben Nevis.

Greetings from Italy!

PS. Finding fixed gear once and a while....;)
Andy Nisbet - on 24 Feb 2013
In reply to chrtur:

Glad you enjoyed it. Scotland is at its best just now.
alifin - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to chrtur:

Hi.

I was on South Gully (before abbing off due to the cornice)and got quite a few photos of you guys. Looked awesome:)

I'll send you an email today and we can sort something out with the photos (Dropbox or Google Drive.

We did seven days in a row, including Orion Direct, what a week!

Ali
Mr Fuller on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to chrtur: I was also on South Gully (in the other pair from Ali). I think I only got one photo of you guys (and it's not very good) but I will send you a link once I've uploaded them. I got a few looking over to Tower Ridge though that you might find interesting.

Ali, cheers for your patience at the first abseil. I was having a bit of a brain fart and took forever to do anything. I worked out why once we were down - I hadn't eaten or drunk anything since starting the route! A bit of drink on the way down and I was a lot better.
alifin - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Haha no problem at all mate. Its not something to be rushed, and the more double checking of everything the better. Was the sensible decision to back off from that cornice and sugary snow.

Hope you enjoyed the weather as much as I did.

Mr Fuller on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to alifin: Yeah, absolutely. On the walk out we were pleased with our decision making, just gutted not to get into the sun that day! Got some sun Saturday/Sunday though, so all good. Congrats on a very productive week!
chrtur - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Thanks of coming back to me! I have sent you some mail!

I think it was clearing when we arrived, as we started quite late, and the cornice looked quite big from below. We got a little bit worried about you and it seemed like a good decision to turn around!
alifin - on 28 Feb 2013
In reply to chrtur:

Yes, the lads ahead of me (Mr Fuller) had already decided to back off when I got to the last stance, and I wholeheartedly agreed with them! It looked even bigger up close:)

Have sent you an email and link to my photos.

Ali

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.