/ Llanddulas Cave Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jack.H.92 on 25 Feb 2013
Hi, Does anyone know what condition Llanddulas Cave is in this time of year? or any of the other A55 crags? The weather looks pleasant all this week and this weekend, but having never been there before I don't know whether to expect seeping til mid july or not! Thanks for any help you can offer!
Jack
Ben Farley - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Jack.H.92: at a guess, I'd be surprised if there's much dampness. Should be great conditions, if a bit chilly. Llandulas is rarely wet and its not rained for a week so it should be dry, likewise most a55 crags are similarly seepage free. Penmaenhead, castle inn etc will definitely be bone dry.

As I said its a guess, I've not been out there lately but it should be fine.
fizzpup - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Jack.H.92:
Castle Inn was bone dry if a little cold yesterday, lovely day climbing though
ads.ukclimbing.com
rockcat - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Jack.H.92: The cave itself is pretty grim and greasy but it may be possible to climb elsewhere at LC.
Your best bet is Castle inn which is exposed and gets the sun. Its been climbable recently. Penmaen Head in the afternoon can also be a goer and is more sheltered.
>
> Hi, Does anyone know what condition Llanddulas Cave is in this time of year? or any of the other A55 crags? The weather looks pleasant all this week and this weekend, but having never been there before I don't know whether to expect seeping til mid july or not! Thanks for any help you can offer!
> Jack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.