/ What is the climbing like near Bratislava?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rft - on 25 Feb 2013
Anyone got any knowledge of the area or know any good websites with information on that neck of the woods? Hopefully going to be over there for a year but a quick google has only revealed an indoor wall so far.
tjekel - on 27 Feb 2013
considering the amount of slowakian climbers in these areas, you might have to look across the border to Austria, tons of sport within 90' driving, including alpine stile multipitches a little further away. places to google - peilstein, hohe wand, höllental ;-)several topos on www.bergsteigen.at, as well as several hardcopy guidebooks. th
JanBella - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to rft: hey i'm not sure about climbing around Bratislava but check out high tatras http://www.tatry.nfo.sk/ there is english version for you...
rft - on 28 Feb 2013
I got the job so I definitely *will* be going!

In reply to tjekel:
Thanks for the links :)
"considering the amount of slowakian climbers in these areas, you might have to look across the border to Austria,"
Sorry I slightly missed your meaning, do you mean there are very many or very few?
Peilstein and Höllental look pretty excellent, I fear I may have to try and get some access to a car for them both though!

rft - on 28 Feb 2013
In reply to JanBella:
Thanks! I guess I know what I'm doing the first time off then :p
redsonja - on 28 Feb 2013
In reply to rft: hey good for you. hope you like it there. im not sure about the climbing around bratislava but the tatras are fantastic and there is supposed to be very good climbing in czech republic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.