Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Irritated toes (foot care and socks advice, sorry!)

martinph78 on 25 Feb 2013
Hi all,

Sorry for the dull question but I'm sure someone else has gone through this so hope it's not too far off topic.

All of my normal sports socks (Slazenger/Donnay and such) are making a right mess of my toes. Not blisters, more like purple looking and "peeling skin" across the tops and ends of each toe.

Any tips for "relief" as they get quite irritated/itchy after the run and especially after my shower or when warm. No signs of athletes foot or other, just purple and peeling (and not between the toes).

Trainers fit fine so pretty sure it's the socks?

Anyone recommend a "hiking type sock" for running? Something quite padded and above ankle height (ie normal socks!) and super soft/comfy.

My Bridgedale Trekkers were very comfortable last week for a 10k run but I don't really want to wear these out and they are a bit warm!

I can't afford to spend a lot as I need quite a few pairs (I run 4-5 times a week so need 3 pairs for under 20 really).

... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums