/ Pen y Pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Blodwyn - on 25 Feb 2013
Parked at Pen y Pass last Friday paid the 10 parking charge, had a great walk up the Pyg to the summit and returned down the Miners.
Went to use the facilities on return to car park, I have never been so disgusted in my life at the state of the toilets in the PyP car park. The Snowdonia National Park Authority should be downright ashamed of themselves.
mypyrex - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Blodwyn:

> Went to use the facilities on return to car park, I have never been so disgusted in my life at the state of the toilets in the PyP car park. The Snowdonia National Park Authority should be downright ashamed of themselves.

I've ALWAYS been disgusted at PyP(Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells will be along shortly)

timjones - on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Blodwyn:
> Parked at Pen y Pass last Friday paid the 10 parking charge, had a great walk up the Pyg to the summit and returned down the Miners.
> Went to use the facilities on return to car park, I have never been so disgusted in my life at the state of the toilets in the PyP car park. The Snowdonia National Park Authority should be downright ashamed of themselves.

Or maybe the users who left it in such a state should be ashamed?
Orgsm on 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Blodwyn:

That's why I always go before starting a pitch as per my popping schedule
Robnolan - on 25 Feb 2013
The justification of the 10 charge at PyP is one of life's great mysteries. What it will never be is a means to reduce the use of the car park and make us use the park and ride. To achieve this, all they would have to do is reduce the number of car parking spaces!
GrahamD - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to timjones:

> Or maybe the users who left it in such a state should be ashamed?

Spot on. You would like to think that public bogs could manage a day without some selfish incontinent spreading shit all over it.
mypyrex - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Blodwyn: As far as the 10 parking charge goes, I usually park down the road near the PyG(4) and either walk up(stretch the muscles) or get the buss.
toad - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to Blodwyn:
The Snowdonia National Park Authority should be downright ashamed of themselves.

What did they say when you contacted them to complain? This is just a thought, but an e-mail to the national park every time these toilets are a mess might have more effect than complaining on a forum they might not even see/ be that bothered about.
GrahamD - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to toad:

Not a bad call. With photos.
Neil Williams - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to GrahamD:

Making sure there is no one else in there first. Taking photos in bogs might be, umm, frowned upon.

Neil
Blodwyn - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to toad: I did report it to the Park Authority, they blamed the catering company that run the cafe for failing to ensure the facility is kept clean!
toad - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to Blodwyn: Hmm, I don't think that's really good enough, considering what they're charging - If it's their facility, they should be keeping better tabs on the caterers
ads.ukclimbing.com
Blodwyn - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to toad: Exactly, the tenants should keep the place clean but the Park Authority should monitor it. As you say, they charge enough to park there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.