/ Cumulative altitude Apps etc...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MattJP - on 26 Feb 2013
I have recently downloaded Edomondo to my android phone and upgraded to the Pro verison (3.99) as it stated it showed altitude graphs etc.

It does, but i was hoping for a cumulative height gains etc and not just how high I was in a particular place. Unless I am looking in the wrong place!

Is there any other App out there rthat shows this?

Many Thanks
mrchewy - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to MattJP: I used to use the free endomondo and that told me cumulative when I logged on my pc. Not that it's too good at altitude - I basically run uphill from my home for quite a while and it often tells me I've ran downhill.
MattJP - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to mrchewy:

Aha! so it does, just doesnt show it on my phone!

Cheers
ads.ukclimbing.com
ablackett - on 26 Feb 2013
In reply to MattJP: It takes a bit of calculation to convert the GPS track to a cumulative altitude because of the GPS wobble in altitude readings need smoothing out.

Your computer or website does this smoothing before it gives you the cumulative figure, which is why most GPS phones or watches won't give the reading.

You will need a watch with a barometric altimeter to get a live reading I think.

Strava is a fantastic competitive GPS track app/website which gives pretty realistic numbers for cumulative altitude from your track after you upload the run/ride.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.